Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

wise sayings


Wise words 

A day without laughter is a waste.

A fit woman is a power woman.

A friend is a present you give yourself!

A friend is someone who will help you up when you fall down, and if they can't help you up they will lie down beside you and listen.

A friend nearby is better than a brother far away.

A good man is like a mystery novel. He has a great cover and is full of surprises inside.

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove.
But the world can be a better place because I was important in the life of a child.

A light heart lives longer.  --- Shakespeare

A man's goal should exceed his grasp.

A mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.

A real friend is one who helps us to think our best thoughts, do our noblest deeds, and be our finest selves.

A turtle never gets anywhere unless it sticks its neck out!

A wise old owl lived in an oak. The more he saw the less he spoke. The less he spoke the more he heard:
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

Abstinence is best when taken in moderation.

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

Accept the things you cannot change, change the things that you can, and know the difference between the two.

Accomplishment is one of the sexiest things a woman owns.

Ain't no stoppin' us now!

All children can learn.

All gold does not glitter. All wanderers are not lost. --- JRR Tolkien

All is fair in TRUE LOVE and WAR.

All you can do, is all you can do.

"Almost" only counts in hand-grenades and horseshoes!

Always look for the positive and never give in to the negative.

Always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. --- Desiderata

...And another good thing about self-reliance, I'm always there when I need me.

And this too shall pass.

Any year now my "real" life will begin!

Are we having fun yet?

Arise unto that for which thou wast created!

As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen.  --- AA Milne

At the fountain of knowledge most are content with just a sip.

Attitude is everything.

Be careful playing leapfrog with razorbacks!

Be gentle and kind to others.

Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and work, to play and look up at the stars.

Be good and you will be lonesome. Be lonesome and you will be free.

Be good or be safe, or both!

Be nice to those around you. You never know when you might need them!

Be the best you can be.

Been called worse by better.

Calgon, take me away. (please!)

Can't never could until it tried!

Can't wait to talk to you.

Can't we all just get along?

Carpe diem!

Cheers!

Children of the black hole have no future.

Come as you are, or don't come at all.

Common sense is no longer common.

Compromise is everything to the one who loves you and to your future.

Computers drive me crazy, but Expresso drives me.

Courage and commitment ...that's what it takes…courage to be honest and commitment to do the right thing.

Daddy, it's my turn to play on the computer.

Denial. It’s not just a river in Egypt.

Do I have to?

Do it now, because you don't know when later will come.

Do not assume. It makes an "ass" out of "u & me".

Do not mourn what cannot be. Celebrate rather what is.

Do some good along the way.

Do the things that scare you. They're the things that mean the most.

Do you want me?

Do your best, not your least!

Don't be afraid of trying something different. It might be fun!

Don't be afraid your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin!

Don't criticize what you can't understand.

"Don't do whatever you like. Like whatever you do." --- Mary Engelbreit

Don’t ever underestimate the heart of a champion.

Don't marry the one you can live with. Marry the one you can't live without.

Don't resist temptation, because regret feels a lot worse!

Don't settle for average!

Don't sweat it!

Don't trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you.

Enjoy life a moment at a time.

Enter into the dark passageway. The truth lies there.

Even when you fall flat on your face, you're still going forward!

Every child deserves to know.

Every day provides the gift of a new adventure. Our responsibility is to create the experience!

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. --- William Wallace (Braveheart)

Everyone is good at something, no matter how small.

Everything happens for a reason.

Everything is beautiful in it's own way.

Eyes are the window to the soul.

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in.
 Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. Begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered.

Follow through.

For everything there is a season …a time to laugh and a time to cry.

Forty isn't old...if you're a tree.

Friends may come and go, but those who truly love you never leave you.

Friends will always see you through, believe in what you want to do, and feel happy when your dreams come true!

Get over yourself.

Give as much as you can give, but take only as much as you need.

Go ahead. Be yourself!

Golf is like sex. You don't have to be good at it, if you can pick a good partner.

Good things come in small packages!

Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.

Grin and ignore it!

"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be." --- Robert Browning

Growing up is hard to do!


Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.


Hang in there. It will get better.

Happiness depends on your outlook on life.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. --- Mohandas Gandhi

He first, I second. Without thought of rest, we climbed the dark until we reached the point where a round opening brought in sight the blest and beauteous shining of the Heavenly cars. And we walked out once more beneath the Stars.  --- Dante

Help ever. Hurt never.

Hey, love me for what I am!

Higher, Farther, Richer.

“Hmm ... what a concept” coupled with the 10 simplest words in the world… “If it is to be, it is up to me.”

Honesty is the best policy.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tunes without words and never stops at all."--- Emily Dickinson

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible.

How can I get better today?

"I am a part of all that I have met." --- Tennyson

"I am brother to dragons and companion to owls."

I am me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Therefore, everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone choose it. However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, whatever I think and feel is me. Take me for me!

I can raise a child's reading level, but it takes time.

I deserve a break today!

I do what I want to do, no matter what anyone's opinion is. I'll always be what I dreamed of being...what I am now.

I have a plan so cunning that (A) a fox on scholarship at Oxford wouldn't get it or (B) you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.  (The Black Adder)

I have never met a kid I didn't like!

I know. I know. You've got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

I know it's here somewhere.

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!  --- Patrick Henry

I know where I'm going.

I learn by my mistakes.  Trouble is, it will take more than one lifetime to learn all that.

I promise. You won’t be disappointed!

"I see", said the blind man to his deaf wife while watching his crippled daughter dance.

I used to believe in "Do onto others as you would have them do on to you", but "Do onto others as you've had done onto you" is more appropriate.

I was born alive, and I live that way.

I wish. I wish. I wish I was a fish.

I'd rather be having fun.

If a man wants to lead an orchestra, he must first turn his back on the crowd.

If at first you don't succeed, ask someone for help.

If at first you don't succeed, hire somebody.

If at first you don't succeed, reformat!

If I had my life to live over, I would pick more daisies!

If it can be done, we’ll do it.

If it works, don't fix it.

If it's Fate, then I should quit my day job. If it's right, then I'll quit my night job. If it's meant to be, then I'll be poor, with a rich heart. It might take time, but I don't have all night. Sooner the better is not fast enough.

If life isn't fun, you're doing something wrong.

If not today, when?

If the elevator to success isn't running, take the stairs!

If we were meant to talk more than we listen, we would have two mouths and one ear. --- Mark Twain

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always gotten.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride, and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." --- legendary coach PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream, you can become it.

If you can read this, thank a teacher!

If you can see the obstacle, you must have taken your eyes off the goal.

If you can’t be good, be good at it.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull!

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. --- Mother Teresa

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

If you don't expect anything from anyone, then you won't be disappointed.

If you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all.

If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.

If you find the right person, hold on to them and cherish them.

If you got it, floss it!

If you’ve got to go, you’ve got to go!

If you only knew!

If you leap, the net will appear.

If you live for tomorrow, you'll mourn the loss of all of the todays you’ve missed.

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, then it was meant to be!

If you muddy the stream of life, you're going to drink dirty water!

If you need to go, you better go NOW!

If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, then you better wake up and pay attention.

If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done.

If you win the lottery you will be happy for a year. But, if you enjoy your job, you will be happy for a lifetime.

If you’re going to do it, do it right!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space. Expand your horizons.

If you're not pro-life, you're pro-death.

I'll be fair and rethink your request. Umm…NO!

I'll think about it.

I'm going to be where the lights are shining on me.

I'm going to prove the impossible really exists.

I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens. --- S.Tooth

Imagination is more important than knowledge. --- Albert Einstein

Imagine how happy you'd be if you lost everything you have, and then you got it back again!

In every adversity lies the seed to an equal or greater benefit.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." --- Anne Frank

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Insist on yourself. Never imitate.

Instead of trying to conquer Nature, learn to live in harmony with her.

Intellect without soul is worse than ignorance.

Intelligence is what you do when you don't know what to do.

Is it close to St. Patrick's Day yet?

Is that a good choice or a bad choice! This is you're first warning!

It doesn't do any good to complain. Do something about it!

It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. --- George Eliot

"It seems to me the one unalloyed joy in life is baseball." --- Clarence Darrow

It is not what he has, or even what he does which directly expresses the worth of a man. It is what he is. Be true to yourself.

"It is often better to keep one's mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." --- Mark Twain

It takes a whole village to raise a child.

It will only get better.

It's necessary.

It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.

It's not so important what path you walk, but how you walk the path.

It's when people are asking for abuse that they need our compassion the most.

"I've found the truest paths always lead through mountains."  --- Kate Wolf

I've got the weight of the world on my shoulders.

"I've heard the owl and seen the elephant" --- DMZ (1967-68) --Echo 2/4

I've never lost. I was just a little behind when time ran out.

I've probably done it, heard it, or saw it done. How can you impress me?

Just a little more. Please? Please?

Just because I can't have it all doesn't mean I don't WANT it all!

Just when you think you have it all figured out...the rules change. Life is full of bumps and curves. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

Just trust me.

Just try me!

Justice is when you win!

Keep it clean.

Keep looking for the answer. It is out there!

Kids are what make us old and keep us young.

Kids can be a handful, but always a heart full.

Knowledge is power.

Laugh a lot, smile, have fun, keep a "kid like" attitude, learn from yesterday, but live for today!


Let all be a beacon of light for humanity, with Divine Light uplifting all.

Let me show you how to do that.

Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.

Let them that don’t want none have memories of not getting any, and let that not be their punishment, but their reward.

Let your heart show you the way.

Let’s do this.

Let's find out more about it!

Let's have some fun!

Life is a journey. Enjoy the trip!

Life is a journey. Make sure you travel it with laughter and love.

Life is a long road. Enjoy it, for it may end before you are ready.

Life is form, not substance.

Life is here to be challenging. Stand back and give it all you’ve got!

Life is like a bicycle. You don't fall off, unless you stop pedaling.

Life is like a mirror. Frown, and it frowns with you. Laugh, and it returns the greeting.

Life is limitless. Time is limited.

Life is not always bright, but if the sun can shine after the darkest storm, so can we.

Life is shorter than you think.

Life is too short to let trivial things rule.

Life is what it is, but life is change. So never give up your dreams!

Life is what you make it. Make it good. This is not practice.

Life is what you make of it. If you play the cards you’re dealt, you'll succeed. Just BELIEVE in order to ACHIEVE!

Life's short. Live it up!

Life's short. Live long.

Lighten up!

Listen with your ears and hear with your heart.

Live day by day, be happy and don't take things for granted!

Live each day like there is no tomorrow.

Live each day to the fullest, for tomorrow is not promised to you.

Live for the day, not by the day!

Live for the now. The future will take care of itself.

Live forever. Share your life and love with a child.

Live life for all it's worth. Take all that you've been given and leave your mark upon this earth. Trust you're heart to show you everything you'll ever need.

Live well, laugh often, and love much.

Look back with no regrets.

Look good, feel good, and do good!

Lord, help me!

Love is out there somewhere!

Love is what you want. Reality is what you get!

Make a difference in the life of a child.

Make the most out of life. We only go around once.

May the best of the past be the worse of tomorrow.

Mercy has a thousand hands, and she needs them all.

My goal in life is to amass a large assortment of interesting stories. Since I have already amassed quite a few, I suppose I should amass some more.

My world is a reflection of my attitude.

Never confuse having a life with having a career!

Never give up. Never quit.

Never give up a goal.

Never give up on a dream.

Never say, “Never”. Say, “Why not. I believe I can fly.”

Never stop learning. Keep an open mind!

Never underestimate abilities.

No doubt.

None are as deaf as those who won't listen.

Not being known doesn't keep the truth from being true.  --- Richard Bach

Nothing important was ever achieved without someone taking a chance.

Of all the words of tongue or pen, no sadder are these, "It might have been".

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Oh my!

Oh well.

OK. So, what's your point?

On our friendship?

"One fourth of the people of the world are against everything 100% of the time." --- RFK

One of these days I'm going to grow up and act my age. NOT!

Only a woman can truly know what another woman wants and needs.

Only dead fish go with the flow!

Overworked and underslept.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with conflict.

Plant enough seeds, and something’s going to grow.

Play clean, and you will go far in life.

"Play the sunset!" --- Mr. Holland's Opus

Please do not say, "I don't care".

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another!

Pound for pound, women are stronger!

Practice random acts of kindness.

"Proper words in proper places make the true definition of style." --- Swift

Put your money where your mouth is.

Put your priorities in order, then decisions are easier to make.

Quit looking at life like an adult, and see it through the eyes of a child.

Quitters never win, and winners never quit!

Raise your hand if you have a question.

Reach and believe.

Reach for the stars.

"Remember, no man is a failure who has friends." --- It's A Wonderful Life

Rules of life: #1 Don't sweat the small stuff. #2 It is ALL small stuff!

Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. --- Albert Einstein

Seduction is the way to a man’s bed, but honesty is the way to a man’s heart.

Seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Sharp words will dull respect.

Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll land in the stars.

Simplicity is the essence of good design.

Sit down and shut up!

Smile. It improves your face value and uses less muscle than frowning. See, you learn something new everyday!

Smiles may wrinkle my face. Lack of enthusiasm wrinkles my soul.

So be it.

Some assembly required.

Some people live their lives in chains never knowing they hold the key.

Some say it's half empty. I say it's half full. That's life.

Sometimes, it’s tragic. Sometimes, it’s magic. But I have a good life all the same.

Speak kind words, and you will hear kind echoes.

Start where you are. You are the source of your own love, power, and abundance.

Stop talking about who's to blame, when all that counts is how to change. --- James

Stopping thinking so much and just let life happen!

Strive for the stars, and land on the clouds.

Succeeding alone means we have survived. Succeeding with others means we have truly lived.

Success is a journey, not a destination!

Success is continued progression toward a worthy goal.

Take care of your family, and you’ll never be lonely.

Take the time to find a moment of joy every day.

Take time to read. It is the fountain of wisdom.

Take time to stop and smell the roses!

Takes one to know one!

Teacher. Teacher. Can you teach me? You bet.

Thank you for sharing!

That's a definite maybe!

That's what you call “pullin' it back and lettin' it go”.

The best is yet to be.

The best questions don't have answers.

The best three reasons for being a teacher are June, July, and August.

The best way to get what you need in life is to help someone who needs it worse.

The children are our future. Teach them well.

The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly right and doing it exactly right.

The fun never ends.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams!

The game is to say something old with new words. --- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The gentle creatures of the sea...what you do to them, you do to you and me.

The kind of attitude you have determines the type of life you will have.

The longest journey begins with a single step.

The mark of a true professional is giving more than you get.

The more you know, the more you know you need to know.

The only thing that can't be taken from you is your education!

The only thing that matters is love.

The past cannot be changed, but the future is whatever you want it to be!

The plot thickens.

The poorest of all men is not the man without a cent, but the man without a dream.

The reality of the situation is that we are a part and product of the Earth and nature's natural forces.  We cannot continue to destroy that which is us.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

The sooner some leave this planet, the better!

The thirst for knowledge, like that for water, must be quenched.  Don't dehydrate!

The trouble with some people is that they won't admit their faults.  I'd admit mine, if I had any.

The wind bloweth where it listeth.

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. But, I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." --- Robert Frost

"The world is an uncertain place. You can try to depend on other people and sometimes they can shield you from the world. I prefer to do it my own way." --- Maureen F McHugh (Down on the Farm)

"The world is so full of a number of things, we should all be as happy as kings." --- Robert Louis Stevenson

There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks all of them.

There are no uninteresting things, just uninterested people.

There are so many people out there in this world...so many ideas, so many dreams. Be open to each other, listen to each other, and don't get hung up on physical appearances. Beauty lies within.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun.

There are two mantras in life, "yum" and "yuk". Mine is "yum".

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

There is always one more tale to tell and someone will be there to write it down. That’s me.

"There is nothing to fear but fear itself." --- F.D.R.

There once was a girl looking up at a building. She asked her mother, “Will I ever be as beautiful as that?” The Mother replied, "You already are".

There's something good in everything. Look for it!

They shouldn't have let me in the water if they didn't want me to make waves.

This has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way.

"This is the law of the Yukon, that only the strong shall thrive." --- Robert Service

Those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it!

Those without imagination are destined to live in reality.

Though I may be strong-willed, my heart is fragile.

‘Tis better to express yourself than to regret things unsaid tomorrow.

‘Tis better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.

To err is human. To forgive, divine.

To laugh is to live.

To live in the moment is to live in the only reality there is.

To love is a challenge. To be loved is a dream!

To reach the heavens is a journey. The road to success is a journey.

To really know a man, observe his behavior with a woman, a flat tire, and a child.

To succeed at your goals, sometimes you need to be out of your comfort zone.

To teach is to touch a life forever.

To thine own self be true.

To truly be yourself, you can't always be the "cool" one. The less influence the outside world has on you, the truer you can be to that inside world, true to yourself.

Today I feel great. But, that's ok, for tomorrow I will feel better.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Too much of a good thing is wonderful!

Triumph is just UMPH added to TRY!

Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity --- Gibran

Try everything in life once, and the fun things twice!

Try everything once, and indulge yourself in the thing that you love!

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by." --- Robert Frost

What's the other side of the story?

We can complain that a rosebush has a thorn, or rejoice that the thorn bush has a rose. It's all up to us.

"We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it." --- Eeyore

We never guess. We look it up!

We should all be Teddy Bears. No one minds what size they are, and the older they are the more valuable they become.

We tire of those pleasures we take, but never of those we give.

We're only here for a while, so why not smile?

Were we all lovers we would need no warriors. But, as it stands I shall be both lover and warrior until I can lay down my arms.

What comes around, goes around.

What famous mathematician described a pineapple using number patterns?

What I want for myself, I must also want for you. What I want from you, I must also be willing to give.

What is, is. What isn't, may be!

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him set on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity." --- Albert Einstein

When I was little I used to think that money grew on trees. I wish I were little again.

When is our next vacation?

When science discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to find they are not it.

When you mess around, you get messed up!

When you see a student achieve something you envisioned, you realize your worth as a teacher.

Where's there a will, there's a way.

Where would you be in the world without friends?

Wherever you go, there you are.

While alive, I lived.

Who I am is the possibility of absolute authenticity, passionate leadership, and something else (guess what?)!

Who wants to know?

Whoever thought up "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" was an intellectual no-brainer. Words are the most powerful weapons in the world.

Why limit yourself!

Wisdom makes the heart grow stronger!

With regards to paradigms, "Shift happens".

Words of the heart are often mightier than words of the mind.

Work hard to be the best!

Written work should be like a woman's skirt… long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to be interesting.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it's called the PRESENT!

You are as young as you feel.

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true.

You are the hero of your own story.

You are what you read.

You become the dream you think about the most.

You can go through life laughing or crying. I choose to laugh.

You can soar with eagles...or walk with the turkeys.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes, you get what you need.

You can't prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.

You can't roller-skate in a buffalo herd.

You did WHAT?

You do not have, because you do not ask.

You don't have the right not to be offended.

You'll eventually get it.

You’ve got to have fun. Lifestyle is everything.

You’ve got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

You had me at “Hello”.

"You may have tangible wealth untold, caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be. I had a mother who read to me." --- Strickland Gillian

You must be present to win.

You must do the things you think you cannot do.

You never know!

You only get out of life what you put into it, not take from it!

You only have one life, so make it worth living!

You only pass this way once, so go for the gold.

You should live through your eyes, not the eyes of others.

"You should not grow in one direction like an automobile, but in five like a star." --- Walter I. Anderson (Mississippi artist)

Your attitude and behavior sets the tone of others around you.

Your inner voice is individualized wisdom. Strive forward with its guidance.

Your Past is the present you give to your Present. Your Present is the present you give to your Future.

You're going somewhere, or you're going nowhere!



No comments: