Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fear

I feared being alone,Until I learned to like myself.
I feared failure, Until I realized that I only fail when I don't try.
I feared success, Until I realized That I had to try In order to be happy with myself.
I feared people's opinions, Until I learned that people would have opinions about me anyway.
I feared rejection, Until I learned to have faith in myself.

I feared pain, Until I learned that it's necessary for growth.
I feared the truth, Until I saw the ugliness in lies.
I feared life, Until I experienced its beauty.
I feared death, Until I realized that it's not an end, but a beginning.
I feared my destiny, Until I realized that I had the power to change my life.
I feared hate, Until I saw that it was nothing more than ignorance.

I feared love, Until it touched my heart, making the darkness fade into endless sunny days.
I feared ridicule, Until I learned how to laugh at myself.
I feared growing old, Until I realized that I gained wisdom every day.
I feared the future, Until I realized that Life just kept getting better.
I feared the past, Until I realized that It could no longer hurt me.
I feared the dark, Until I saw the beauty of the starlight.
I feared the light, Until I learned that the truth would give me strength.
I feared change, Until I saw that even the most beautiful butterfly Had to undergo a metamorphos is before it could fly.

No comments: